10 July 2008

Bliss

Project Blog It


Bliss is subjective. It's a deeply personal experience. An experience of utter contentment, of happiness, perhaps even of joy in the very moment of the experience itself.

There is a time during the night, long after the world seems to have quieted down. It's a time of deep darkness and stillness.

Bliss comes to me at this time. It comes when I wake during that deep darkness, in a moment of disorientation. It comes in that magic moment when I think I only have a few more minutes to rest before rising to start the day, and then glancing at the clock and realizing that there are a couple of hours left before the world around rises and expects me to do the same. It is that instant when, quite naturally, I roll to the other side of the bed, find my partner, and nestle like two spoons. It is in that moment, cuddled with my partner, that I feel safe. It is in that moment that I experience pure contentment. It is in that moment that I am free from the rest of the world, free from the needs and wants of others, free from the needs and wants of myself, free from my very self. In that moment, I am wholly present. In that moment, in the dark and silence of night, I find bliss.



Please visit the companion piece over at Travel With Road Trip Girl. In addition, Skajlab has written a piece on this week's topic at Crash Course, Daisy has over at Fire Flower, and Minerva has at Vox Minerva.


Next week's prompt: describe your god



No comments: