12 December 2008

Words

Over the last two weeks things in the jungle have been, well, a jungle. Shmonkey took a couple of weeks off but is back again. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday.


Project Blog It

“What are words for, when no one listens anymore?”
Missing Persons

Word are the very heart of my thinking. They structure and organize my thoughts. They form the fundamental basis of language. And without language, without words, what are we? I’m sure it might be possible to conceive of a way of communicating and expressing without words. But we, as humans, need our words. I may express something with how I order my face or how I move my body, but I can only understand such expressions via words. My thinking is mediated entirely by language. Those voices in my head aren’t insanity, but my thoughts being thought, speaking to me in the silent language I hear only in my mind. And it’s a conversation of words.


Please check the blogs listed on the right for companion pieces to this week's prompt.


Next week's prompt: Red.



No comments: